Sunday, March 3, 2024

Kyogle Station Building Progress

This week I attended an executive meeting on Tuesday night and we have commenced some planning activities for a future event.  I came away with some action items, so I spent a bit of time this weekend thinking about them and documenting what I needed to do.  Watch this space.

On Friday I cut up about 80 pallets that I completed over the previous week, and painted them and another 20 pallets I already had cut up.  I painted groups of 20 pallets in different colours.  These pallets were dispersed to a 3rd party on Saturday morning.  The rest of the weekend was spent attending a British NMRA meeting on Saturday Evening, watching some NMRA-X presentations on Sunday morning and continuing to work on my Kyogle station building.  I installed a base in that station building, and then two internal walls.  The aim here was to straighten up the sides of the building, and ensure that it was square.  I also have started trying to build a set of seats for inside the waiting room.  We will see how they turn out.

Next week, we have Tuesday Nighters and then on Saturday we have our Club Meeting.  Time is counting down to my first ever bout of long service leave.  I take the first 4 week holiday period in 2 weeks time.  I’m not sure if I have ever had 4 weeks of holidays in a row in my working life.  Usually it is 2 weeks and maybe I had taken 3 weeks previously, but never 4 weeks.  Another person whom I went to University with 42 years ago and have worked with for 39 year starts her leave period of long service leave this coming Friday.  She is our best project manager and it will leave a big hole in our organisation’s ability to continue to do complex projects.  I will be taking my whole Long Service Leave owed over the next 18 months is various short stints.

No comments:

Post a Comment