This week I have been flat out. It started with 9 people coming over to Tuesday Night for our fortnightly get other. PK came bearing gifts as he does occasionally, and in return he took away a HO scale generator set on a 20’ container.
Most of the time this week I was constructing lots of styrene models. I have completed and painted 7 generator sets and 7 x 20' container flats. I still need to build three more gen sets to go on existing container flats, then I think I can put that project to rest. My next project is constructing about 6 or maybe 10 N scale butterbox containers. I have not constructed these models for quite some time, so I am a bit rusty in how they go together. I'm not sure if I have the particular Styrene in my collection for the container sides. But I will get around to looking before next weekend.
On Friday afternoon, I went over to Aurora Trains and picked up another length of dual gauge Tillig flex track for the finishing off of Acacia Ridge Narrow Gauge Yard. I also picked up some more styrene.
The weekend has been vary busy. Saturday started off with a trip to Ashgrove for an 8:30am school soccer game for my son. Four minutes before the scheduled kickoff time and we only have 5 players. For the previous half an hour, the whole opposition was warming up, going through a series of drills. They must have thought that they were going to get a forfeit, or at least play a reduced team and go through them like a hot knife through butter. Then two more guys turned up. They said there were two more coming just behind them. Sure enough in another minute there was 2 more and that made nine. Just as they arrived, I could see player number 10 walking across the field. The whistle blew and number 11 rocked up and ran onto the field. Another minute later and our first and only reserve also appeared. The opposition must have thought they there were in the box seat, with no warm up for most of out team. Well not really, although my son and his attacking partner could not hit the side of a barn from 10 paces. They missed wide, they went over the cross bar and then they both with no one to beat except the goal keeper they both kicked it straight to him. Then the flood gates opened after the first goal. The biggest guy on the team, playing as a mid fielder scored a hattrick and by half time it was 4-0. he was great. He player in the goal for the second half. Second half was just the same. Again my son, just kicked to the goalkeeper and either he caught them, or they were deflected wide. But they finally won 7-0 and Kyle was back playing soccer after a fractured arm kept him out for a few weeks. In another incident, Kyle was sent flying in the air in the first half, when someone took both his legs out from under him in the penalty box. But the ref did not give it. He landed on his arm, and he came off saying it did not hurt. So that was good news.
Following that game, we had to go to Bridgeman Downs for a club game at 11:20am. That started off badly, being down 2 – 0 at half time, but they showed promise. But in the second half, they came back and it was 2-1 and they had many shots at goal. It ended 3-1 and they played their best game of the year. Next week, they might break their winning drought. No sooner had we got home from soccer and (of course the hobby shop – Austral Model craft for some more styrene) and we were off into town for the weekend. My niece was turned 40 along with her husband, and they had hired a place in town for a great party. It was great to catch up with the nieces and nephews and their friends. So finally arriving home today, just 11:00am and then having to mowing the grass. This afternoon I completed the Gensets and painted everything.
I never got down to the shed to complete the track work, or start the wiring as I had planned. That has been pushed back to next weekend. That is also the weekend for the Toowoomba Exhibition. I will have two more games of soccer next Saturday to travel to and maybe an afternoon of track laying. But I also need to do some work on the N scale butter box containers. I also have further plans for putting together some HO scale outhouse kits as saleable models. That way I can clean out some containers of styrene at home.