Sunday, March 17, 2024

Planning and Preparation

Well I’ve been on holidays since Friday and I have already forgotten what day of the week it is.  I had a Doctor’s appointment last Friday, Dermatologist appointment tomorrow, and Dentist appointment later this week.  These events have started to keep me aware of what happens when and what day it is.  I was online last night with the British NMRA Crew for their Brew and Natter get together.  About 4 Aussies turned up.  Sometimes we get more attending.  There was an Aussie theme to that meeting, with some of the British guys talking about Australian Postcards and then the topic turned to some articles by Arthur Hayes in the current AMRM issue.  However before that meeting, well a couple of hours before I was talking to Brad and Speed.  I was talked into doing an NMRA X presentation next weekend.  This will occur while most of the Queensland group will be attending the Bundaberg Model Train Show.  So I might have to tune up my presentation this week before next weekend.  I spent some time today doing just that.  But I think there is more to do.

Today I started putting pen to paper detailing some facts about a potential location that could be built into the basis for an exhibition layout in the future.  I then remembered that there were two articles about this location a couple of years before covid.  So I will re-read these articles over the next week.  I will also discuss the pros and cons with the Tuesday Nighters this week.  I also have some track diagrams that I have found and I think there would be some interest in progressing this theme.  Maybe we won’t talk about too much detail in case we do progress it, that way when it debuts in a couple of years, it might knock some people’s socks off.  I think there could be some interest from within the Tuesday Nighters community in progressing such a project.  I will put together a summary document so we can discuss this topic.

I did not get to do any actual modelling this week.  That is next week’s job, in between other jobs I need to do at home, although I think it will be wet most of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment