Sunday, February 25, 2024

The End of the Pallet Line

This last Tuesday we all went over to Garry’s place for our regular fortnightly Tuesday meeting.  His US outline shunting layout is progressing very well.  I was amazed that he only had two wires connected to his room sized layout with no other jumper wires, but yet every piece of track was currently live and working.  The points used were the new Peco unifrogs.  That is the first time I’ve actually seen them in use.  Pretty amazing.  We ran a loco around all sorts of locations in his train room, and changed points after it, and everything was working very well.  We could not fault it.

I had Thursday and Friday off this week and ended up painting up 220 pallets.  These have now been rehomed as of yesterday morning.  However, I now have another 80 built as of today and with my existing 20 plus of unpainted pallets, that means I will be painting another 100 pallets next Friday and Saturday.  These will also go to a good home - maybe next Saturday.  I still have styrene for another 50 of so left.  But I think I am taking a break.

While I have been palletting away, I have not been doing anything else.  I really need to get back into completing my Kyogle Station building and doing some plastering around the Rocla Sleeper Siding. I will hopefully get back into these tasks next weekend.

I also have been looking at booking flights down to this year’s Sydney Model train show in May.  Some of the airlines don’t miss you for fares.  Ouch!  But they have now been booked.  I just need to book my accommodation for the weekend and all will be set.

I did get up early this morning to watch NMRA-X, but it got cancelled at the last minute and re-scheduled for next Sunday at 9:00am local time.  I've put that in the diary already.

No comments:

Post a Comment