During the last week, I have felt pretty awful at time. I could not shake my cough. However, after visiting the doctors yesterday and getting a prescription, I now magically, almost instantaneously feel fantastic. Yesterday morning I visited a few hobby shops and picked up some styrene tube. This was used to make some pipe loads. I have made 14 x 12mm diameter loads. I also completed making another 8 x 20mm diameter loads, to go with my 8 x 20mm diameter loads I made last week. I also managed to get to Bunnings on Friday afternoon after a frozen coke with my son at HJ's (and I probably shouldn't have) and found what I thought was (and was marked as) 6mm conduit (it was advertised as that). When I got home and compared it to my 20mm conduit, it was basically the same size. I have however, made another 4 x pipe pieces out of this conduit. All the pipes have been painted and are now ready to place in various wagons on the layout, or to give to some mates. I also made up some wooden pole loads for delivery to the Veneer factory at Kyogle. I have no idea what loads went into and out of this location, so now I can only guess. I have also pulled one wagon off my spare steel train, and it is possibly going to be placed on a siding somewhere around the layout. This wagon has a number of steel pipes as its loads.
I am very interested in the SDS milk tanker wagons released this weekend. I want a few to supplement my milk traffic, which runs to Kyogle, Old Cassino, Lismore and Murwillumbah. These locations were served by various Norco Factories or processing plants. Again I do not know what wagons actually serviced these locations. I also have quite a few milk tanks from various kits I have purchased when at previous Conventions along with a number of scratch built tanks I am trying to assemble. I have been slack and I must get back onto completing these loads. Maybe I will work on them between now and the May model railway exhibition in Brisbane, in May this year. That will give me something to complete at my modelling stand.
On Tuesday afternoon this week, I was also working on a few more detail items. I have scratchbuilt 8 railway crossing - give way signs. I have printed the Railway Crossing text and glued that to the signs, I just need to make a few triangular give way signs out of 0.005” or 0.010” styrene and paint them up and superglue these to the 0.040” rail post. Again another task for next weekend. There may be a modelling night next Friday at the local hobby shop, so depending upon family responsibilities, I might be able to attend and complete that task there.