So after fixing up these members, I was able to add the gussets, and then thought about adding the lattice work around the top of the bridge. I found some styrene that looked teh correct size and while not exact as in the photos, I think it is near enough and gets the picture across. This afternoon I gave the model its first coat of paint. I will need to turn it up side down one afternoon this week and paint the underside.
The complete bridge with the latice work visible
The partly painted bridge
Today I also put together another 3 coil steel cradles as well as taking a few pictures of these so I can supplement my potential article text with a pictorial view.
Last week, I mentioned David from Silkwood Depot had fallen off his ladder and broken his wrist. Well I might have actually understated the damage. He actually smashed his wrist. So on Friday, Humpty Dumpty went under the knife and had it all put back together. I visited his place today and checked out his shed progress. It looks great! The floor just needs to be painted and them the layout construction can commence. David, just use this time with some detailed planning for benchwork and trackwork.
Next weekend will be the Railway Modellers' Club of Queensland's Exhibition at the Strathpine Community Centre. As I will be there all day Saturday and Sunday, I will not have an update until late on Sunday night next week. I thought I might just get in early and mention this so Geoff does not worry.