Sunday, February 11, 2024

What to do Next?

I have lots of things I need to do, but I can’t decide what to do next?  This morning I made a list of things to do.  I have a magazine or two to catch up on reading – I’m starting to fall behind.  I have a loco and wagon in the shed that have unmatched coupler heights.  I have my model of the Kyogle Station building, and then the Kyogle platform, and also some plastering around the Rocla Sleeper Siding to complete.  I also have to build about 300 pallets.  I have started down the path to building the first 75.  With a bit of luck they might be completed by later tonight.  I’m also trying to get a young member started in scratch building in styrene.

Anyway this arvo I went down to the shed to find the loco and wagon that un-matched couplers.  I had forgotten which pair it was.  However, I found two couplers where the KD jaw spring had disappeared.  So I replaced those two.  I eventually found the two troublesome wagons – or actually a loc and wagon.  I checked the loco on the height gauge.  Perfect.  I checked the wagon, one end good, and the outer end where it connects to the loco and it was a bit high.  So I need to drop it slightly.  I will do this next week by filing the underside of the wagon bogie mount for about 0.5mm.

I also got stuck into the pallets.  The first string of 27 was quite quick to knock over.  I’ve almost completed the second string of 26 standard pallets and one undersize one.  The third string of 27 has been started and definitely be completed tonight about 8:30pm.  I will try and do the next 25 maybe Monday or Tuesday, and then I will try and do another 100 pallets next weekend.  The hard part is doing the various painting on these pallets with about 5 or 6 different colours, and this is the weekend after.

When in the shed, I found a couple of other jobs I need to complete, for example an outhouse that I need to put together and connect up the sound and some sort of fascia switch.

Yesterday I went to the Club and caught up with the guys at the Club.  The live steam sidings have been completed.  They look great.  Some fencing still needs to be completed.  The recent extension of the rear Clubrooms, near the live steam, is ready for insulation and ply walls to be started soon.  Bit by bit, the upgrades are progressing and they all look very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment