Sunday, September 10, 2023

Still More Prep to do!

At this point in time, I'm still ticking off the last couple of items on my 'to do' list in preparation for the NMRA convention in a couple of weeks time.  I decided to add some more detail to the last two wagons.  I still need to add one more piece of phosphor bronze brake piping to two wagons.  

On Monday this week I ordered some detail items from Casula Hobbies.  They rocked up a couple of days later.  Fantastic service!  This allowed me to complete the brake wheels on my last two wagons, a QR HOE wagons and QR WHE wagon.  But once I had done this work, I found my stash of brake wheels in various sizes and number of spokes.  How did I know that was going to happen?  I also found some brake cylinders, and some brake triple valves.  So they also got installed on the two wagons.

On Saturday I went to the Club.  I checked out some of the changes being made to the facilities.  What a difference they have made so far. It was also AGM day.  So I assumed the chair when all positions were declared vacant.  I also spent some time with Laurie McLean MMR and he reviewed my forms for the NMRA modelling comp entries.  He assisted me and provided some good feedback and added a bit more text to them.

Sunday morning was spent watching trains run on Dave Abeles’ Onondaga Cutoff layout, on the other side of the world.  He live streamed to the Internet.  I saw a few other NMRA Div 1 modellers online, Marty, Brad, Darren and Geoff.  I’m sure there were more.  I also saw some other Australian guys around as well.  I also saw some others from around the world that I know also attending.  What a great hour we spent watching trains run on his layout with great commentary.

The next task I need to do is print off all my paperwork to take to the convention.  I need to gather all my prototype plans for the various wagons and a photo or two to show off what I am modelling.

Next task is then the itinerary for our trip.  Maybe that will be completed by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment