Sunday, September 3, 2023

Count Down

As the clock ticks down to the Australian NMRA Convention, I continue to put things in place for that event.  I think I have completed the various Entry forms and Judging forms for my modelling comp entries.  It will be interesting to find out how my entries get judged.  I’m just after a Merit award or two.

Today I added some brake pipes and decals to two new models that I will be entering into the competition.  I have been looking at these models for quite a while, and while I scratch built these models, I did not put all the bells and whistles on them, as they operate on my layout and in this case I use the 3 foot rule.  You don’t need all this fragile detail if you are continually touching the model, shunting in operations sessions, and the detail might get damaged and fall off.

I still have a couple of weeks left to super detail these items.  I am in the process of adding some wagon steps that I bent up this afternoon, and will solder the intermediate rung on later tonight.  I might also install then tonight or tomorrow night.  It will depend upon what is on the idiot box to watch. 

My only issue is finding some appropriate brake wheels for the various wagons.  I can’t seem to find any shop that has the correct size wheels and number of spokes.  I might have to settle for near enough.  I have asked a mate to see if he can find any 3D printed ones around, as they might do, and get me out of a pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment