Sunday, September 24, 2023

Gold Coast Exhibition

This week we ventured down to the Gold Coast Model Railway Exhibition at Nerang on Saturday.  I was on the NMRA stand with Marty and Clinton.  They are two of my crew for travelling down to the NMRA convention in Sydney next week.  The funniest thing all weekend was Marty installing a dead short into a Blunami decoder he just put into a Loco, then blaming the power supply not having enough grunt to run two trains.  We gave him heaps.  Well it must be said, that the Blunami decoder handled Marty’s challenge easily and once the wiring was fixed, it operated very well.  No worries at all.

At the Exhibition there was a good selection of shops, some very nice layouts and lots of good company on the day.  I may have purchased a couple of needed items.  I spent most of the morning folding up about 50 tarpaulins.  In the afternoon I made up 4 of my three cubic metre industrial bins.  We did get quite a bit of foot traffic and spoke to quite a few interested parties.

On Sunday morning there was an NMRA-X broadcast and this time it was quite reasonable for us in Oz.  It started at 7:00am and we have three presentations.  Marty broadcast live from the Gold Coast exhibition after the last presentation at just after 10:00am for a few minutes.

During the week, Geoff and I booked our accommodation for our road trip, so we are now all set.  So I’m starting to pack my items.  Beer, clothes, models, PC to post next weekend.  What more do you need?

We are in for a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment