Sunday, April 16, 2023

Working on Some Projects

I have been trying to get a piece of hardware and software to work for my DC powered Shelton the Photographer for a mate’s layout.  But I cannot get it to work.  It is driving me batty.  It sort of works but not consistently.  I will keep scratching my head.

Saturday was an NMRA meeting at a local hobby shop in Brisbane.  I was after a set of KD couplers but he did not have the type I was after.  I bit annoying.  Not sure any of the local shops have that type.  The NMRA meeting was packed full of good stuff.  Three presentations that were very informative.  I also had quite a few good conversations with various people.

Following the NMRA meeting, a few of guys came back to my place, as it was sort of on their way home.  Two had never been over previously, but they are fairly local so it was not far out of their way home.  While showing the guys the layout, someone spotted a KD up a tree.  I wonder how that got there PK?  I also found what I thought might have been a new person in the cemetery, but I do not think this person was there previously.  I also found a few cars running on the wrong side of the road.  Probably another PK trick.  What are friends for?  The Tuesday Nighters were at my place the week before on Tuesday night.  That would have been when the crimes were committed.

During the week I received a scale plan for the NSW FAM airconditioned sleeping coach.  So I scaled it to HO and printed it out.  Today I was making the corridor internal detail on this sleeping car.  I also soldered up the wire pickups on the bogies.  I plan to eventually install some lights inside the coach.  This will go on for a couple of weeks I think.

1 comment: