Sunday, April 23, 2023

Still Working on my FAM

This week I had planned to do quite a number of tasks.  Last Tuesday Night we were at Arthur’s place.  We had about 9 in attendance if my memory serves me correctly.  As it was probably the last time we would be at Arthur’s place for a while, and in the next month or so one of the younger Tuesday Nighters was to reach a milestone birthday.  Clinton will be 50 soon.  So Arthur and his wife provided a birthday cake for Clinton which we all got to partake in.  I was thinking of stirring Clinton about being 52, or even reaching 60 but I thought I would be the ultimate professional and tell the truth and then stir him at the upcoming May Show in private or in front of a few NMRA mates. 

Friday night was a happy hour at work so I didn't get home until late. Saturday was a bit slow as we had a visitor.  I had planned on doing some work on my FAM coach.  I did do a bit.  I added break pipes.  I added some under floor piping.  I also added some more toilet down/escape-pipes under the floor.  I also re-glued my brake hangers that seemed to be not properly connected.

Today I got up early as there was some weekend work occurring at work, and not that I was doing anything, I was interested so got up wo watch all the comments occurring in the Microsoft Teams chat.  So when I logged onto the PC early in the morning, I realised that there was an NMRA-X session on.  So I logged on and watched the last half of that, with one eye on the chat.  I also logged into the breakout room and chatted with el-supremo Gordy for about 3 hours, as well a few other reprobates, you might know them as Marty and Brad and there were some others from the US. 

Also today I did do a couple more tests on my Shelton the Photographer.  The first proved my theory and the next test did not solve my conundrum.  So it will end up being a single direction Shelton the Photographer for Bob, as he operates with the old fashioned DC control and that serves him well.  Although just as I write this update, my brain has shot into gear again, and I might be able to put a detection section on the opposite rail to trigger Shelton in the opposite direction.  So that looks like that is Tuesday’s job to test that theory.

I think I have some pseudo code roughed out to allow me to re-write the Shelton the Photographer sketch, so I will work on that later this week.

Later tonight I will continue to work on my FAM. 

The time until the May Exhibition is reducing.  I will need to work out what I will do on my stand and what I will take along.  Still one weekend to go before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment