Sunday, April 2, 2023

Working on Pallets

The well laid plans of mice and men went out the door this weekend.  During the week I was given an order for some clotheslines and pallets.  On Friday afternoon after attending a retirement lunch for a work mate (40 years he had worked with us), I cut up most of the items required for some HO scale clotheslines.  I caught up with Al from AR Kits online on Friday evening and asked him to send me a set of NOCY decals that I need to finish a scratch built NOCY.  I have plenty of NOCY boxes laying around at home from AR Kits but I cannot find any decal sets.  You know the drill, I must have put them aside for safe keeping.  Now I can't find any.  So hopefully sometime next week I will get a decal sheet for the NOCY from Al and I will install these on my NOCY wagon next weekend.  

On Saturday while watching the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix on TV, I cut up and built about 130 HO pallets.  That is 5 strings of pallets.  This morning I had some finishing off work on the last string.  Then I decided to build another still because I still had some styrene left over.  It works out that I have made about 159 pallets this weekend.  During the week I will cut these up into individual pallets and paint them on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons.  I might be able to deliver them next Saturday in the ordering shop is open.

I will finish the cutting up of the styrene for the clotheslines during this week and I might have them available for delivery by Saturday as well.

Early this morning I had to wash all the chairs in the pergola and I also washed a two tables.  I did get down to the shed this afternoon and cleaned up a few items, as the guys are coming over here on Tuesday Night. 

Next weekend on Saturday afternoon and then again on the Sunday, I will revert back to working on my scratch built NHBF Ballast Wagon and also my scratch built NHWF Ballast Plough.  I do need to do some painting touch ups and some decaling of these wagons as well.  At that point I might have 5 of my 8 wagons completed for my AP certificate for mast Builder - Cars.  That will just leave me going back to my kit built FAM passenger wagon, which does need some tidying up work, air hoses and under floor detail and I have seen a decal that needs replacing.  Then I will be able to go back to the last 2 wagons I need to complete of my required 8 models.  I started scratch building two QR Open wagons about 12 months ago, and I just stopped working on them, as I had more important things to do.  I will circle around and strip those wagons back, as I had some feedback from Young Arthur about using some brass rod instead of some 0.020” styrene rod.  I always realised that they would look better with brass details instead of 0.020" styrene, but I was just being lazy.  I have quite a bit of 0.010”, 0.015” and 0.020” brass rod that I will now use for all the various stirrups, handrails and various external items on these wagons.  I did not have this brass supply when I originally started the wagons.

No comments:

Post a Comment