Sunday, June 26, 2022

PC Fixed

An update to last weekend’s stuff up on my home PC.  It Lives!  Basically we just reinstalled windows on it, and then after reinstalling Outlook, some virus protection software and waiting for a few subsequent Microsoft updates to take effect, everything is back to normal.  So I did not lose any work from my convention presentation.  However progress on this document still continues.  I keep thinking that there is a better photo to illustrate a point I am trying to make.  So a few more photos were updated or added to the presentation today. 

Yesterday I went to our local NMRA monthly meeting.  But it was far from local and about 85-90km away down at Palm Beach.  There was a very good turnout, and it was great checking out the Jack's layout.  Very nice indeed, and NSW focused so he gets extra points for that.  We had three member presentations at the meeting and they were first rate.  If only all Clubs put on some form of presentation or question and answer/discussion session at their monthly meetings, you would probably have more people being members of Clubs as they would have a great avenue to learn things and be inspired. 

A couple of major things were announced yesterday and one of our members became a NMRA – MMR.  That is a great achievement for Malcolm.  Another couple of members each picked up a rather prestigious NMRA award.  They were well deserved as well, even in one was from 2019 from before the pandemic.  I also picked up my 6th AP certificate, so only one to go in order to get my MMR.  But there is a lot of work ahead to achieve that with plenty of detail work to be undertaken on a number of wagons.  I'm thinking of actually going for another AP certificate before I get my last required one for MMR which will be  'Master Builder - Cars'.

Now attention turns to planning for the RMCQ Exhibition in 2 week’s time.  I will have a table there showing off items and going some modelling.  The NMRA will also have a table there were various NMRA members will also being doing some modelling.  Please come and talk to us.  Next Sunday I will be packing up my stuff to take to the exhibition.

Yesterday after I came home from the NMRA meeting and this early this afternoon, I went looking for my box of Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color bottles – 7 of them.  Do you think I could find them?  Eventually I did after looking everywhere twice except where they were.  PK advised me during the week that two new colours were available in the range.  I will have to try and get a bottle of the new ones next weekend.

The first 6 Panel Lin accent colors

Then came the orange brown.

And now two more have appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment