Sunday, June 5, 2022

More Preparation

Again a very slow modelling week.  I spent some time fine tuning my presentation for the Armidale Convention in October.  Tuesday we went to Geoff’s place for our Tuesday Nighter's get together.  There were about 11 of us there.  Wednesday and Friday I got online talking to lots of people in the various forums that we visit.  Saturday afternoon was spend chauffeuring my son around to various sporting games to watch.  So that is basically at an end now.  No more to be done.

On Saturday morning, I did wonder down to the shed and run my XPT on the layout again.  This time I tried to run it with a single power car and dummy loco at the other end.  It would not get up some of the inclines around some of the curves with 7 coaches in tow and a dummy loco being dragged in the rear.  It still came acropper a couple of times on some curves.  So now it will just be confined to its siding in Grafton Yard until I work out what to do with it.

On Saturday evening I cut up some styrene for about 10 more track cleaning wagons.  It will be a huge task putting them together at a later time.

Today I did get photos of the layout to support my Armidale Presentation.  I also went through a lot of other photos I had previously taken or had permission to use to pick out some good examples of what I will be talking about. 

This week will be lots more photo manipulation to put them into the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment