Sunday, July 3, 2022

Club Weekend

Earlier this week we went over to Cliff's to check out his workshop.  I think we had about 8 or 9 in attendance and had a good constructive time chatting away.

Well this Saturday I headed over to the Clubrooms pretty early.  I got there at 9:35am.  That is early for me.  There was a HO layout meeting scheduled for 9:30-ish, so I wanted to attend and contribute.  I got a job to investigate about a DCC booster.  The next thing was helping out a young member in the Club.  We were able to find him a resistor and an LED so he could put a headlight on his small HO DCC controlled loco.  I cooked the Club BBQ and in the afternoon we had the Club meeting and while that was going on, we packed a couple of hundred show bags for our Exhibition next weekend.  We had some Wuiske show bags left over from previous shows and some plastic ones, and we popped a couple of model railway magazines in each show bag.

Greg brought along some of his 3D printed items, like witch’s hats and bath tubs as I wanted to buy some more.  They will be available at the Model train exhibition next weekend.  Arthur has given me his shopping list of Greg’s items last night, so he’ll get then next weekend at the show as well.

On the way home I stopped off at a hobby shop on the other side of town and picked up the two new colours in the Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color range.

So I still have not been able to kick start my modelling activities.  I seem to have lost my mojo.  Although late this arvo while down the shed getting everything ready to pack away for next weekend's Model Railway exhibition, I was pushing some 12mm wagons back and forth and then I found out that one wagon was derailing.  Upon closer looking, the wheels were out of gauge on one of the bogies.  Out came the plyers and I adjusted the wheel set and gave it another test.  This time it ran smoothly through the curved points and double slip.  At least I had some success.

Later today I was giving some modelling advice to PK about tarpaulins.  Next week on the Saturday, I will be giving Geoff a lift to the train show, as it is a sensible thing to do given our locality and the distance we need to travel.

I’m currently working on some notes for the Armidale Convention.  So I should complete those next weekend, and then I will be ready to send my stuff off to Warren for inclusion in his Convention notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment