Sunday, November 29, 2020

Modelling Comp Entry Completed – Other Fun Models Almost

This week started off with NMRA-X last Sunday.  I was giving my presentation at 11:00am my time.  I started watching from around 8:00am and went through until the end at about 2:00pm.  On Tuesday night and Wednesday night I also got online and was talking to a few people.  On Friday I went to a local cheap shop and purchased two LED candles.  These were the basis of two pot belly stoves that now have a flickering LED in them. 

On Saturday morning I met up with Darren, Geoff and Brendan at the Modeller’s Warehouse open day with sales tables and a BBQ.   I was dumbfounded when we were all out the front and a bus pulled up.  It had RailBus on its destination board – OMG.  Someone has hijacked a rail-replacement-bus and driven it to the model shop!  It turned out being the guys from AMRA had hired a bus from their clubrooms over to the shop.  

The Railbus outside Modeller's Warehouse

I may have bought a few trees at the sale day.  I did see a few NMRA members there, a couple of RMCQ members and a few Logan guys.  It was a great day.  I showed off my Flickering Pot belly stove and I think the guys enjoyed it.

A pot belly stove with its flickering LED inside

A closer up photo

When I got home, I decided to work on my diorama for the RMCQ Christmas Party Modelling Competition in 2 weeks time.  Well It is now complete.  It is a small 6 inch x 6 inch diorama.  I am quite happy with it.  It comprised a couple of trees I purchased today and some other items that I had purchased previously and other items I scratch built.  I will post a photo in 2 weeks time after the Competition judging.  I am thinking that I might have to add a tree house to the tree, but this may not get completed and added.  I’m still undecided.

So today I sat at the kitchen table and built up another 6 pot belly stoves.  These have been assembled, have working opening front doors, and have been painted up.  I’m just missing the flickering LEDs.  I will try and get 6 flicking LEDs tomorrow.  I know where they are supposed to be stocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment