Sunday, November 1, 2020

Back to Work

I had big plans for this weekend.  I had Friday off but spent the morning removing a palm tree, and some trunks off a pony tail palm and I ended up stuffing my back.  I am walking around like Quasimodo.  However, later in the afternoon, I did paint up 25 pallets a wood colour.  I also painted my two staff machines which Greg 3D printed for me.  They were looking a very nice red colour.  However, I dropped one of them in the shed and the top of one of the staff machines went ping!  It went somewhere and I had no idea where.  So now I'm reduced to one and a half staff machines for the layout.  later that evening I did sit at the Kitchen table and work on putting together a few slatted doors on some wooden sheds.  I think they turned out quite good.

On Saturday morning I met up with a few (or 7) guys I used to work with from work (and a few of their wives) at the Breakfast Creek Hotel purely for medicinal purposes and we all had a very nice lunch.  I caught the train to Bowen Hills station and walked the 1.5km there with PK and did the same in reverse.  My back is still stuffed today, so I might need a second dose of medicine!

Today I went to our Club as they hosted their first Buy and Sell for the year.  There was plenty of hand sanitiser everywhere.  Almost all tables were sold, and plenty of buyers turned up with plenty of money.  Besides the main clubrooms, the trailer shed and our front and back verandas, a number of small gazebos were positioned around the club lease and a few tables were put in each.  The gazebos were placed a few metres apart mostly down the side of the shed.  The Club also sold plenty of left over democracy sausages and cold drinks (as it was quite warm today) and I think everyone enjoyed themselves immensely.  We had a few guys visit from Toowoomba, and Bill came down from the Sunshine Coast and had the table next to me.  A few others from the Sunshine Coast were also spotted.  We also had a few Tuesday Nighter's turn up.  It was great to catch up with quite a few guys at this Buy and Sell.  It was the first time some of them have visited the Clubrooms and they were all quite impressed after having a quick tour. 

I even sold some stuff, as well as buying plenty of much needed items and still ended up with excess folding denominations of plastic in my wallet.  It looks like some of the things that I thought would go gang-busters didn’t generate any interest and if I had some more of other items, I probably would have sold them all.  So that just means that I have to build some more of those successful items for the next Buy and Sell next year.

We have Tuesday Nighter’s this week at Dr Peter’s place.  It will be good to see what Dr Peter has done on his layout since we last visited.  My Back might be back to normal by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment