Saturday, May 2, 2020

WifiTrax WFD-30 NCE Cab Bus Wi-Fi Interface


I came home from the local hobby shop this morning after purchasing a WifiTrax WFD-30 NCE Cab Bus Wi-Fi Interface.  I unpacked the device and plugged the WifiTrax into my cab bus, turned on my NCE 5 Amp system system and the WifiTrax device lit up.  I grabbed my dedicated engine driver $29 phone.  Found the network that the WifiTrax was advertising on and connected to it.  I started engine driver application on my android phone, selected a loco sitting on a siding and OMG the loco ran, the head light went on/off, the brakes function worked, the horned sounded.  It horn continually sounded like someone was having some sort fit.  I was.  It could not have been any simpler.  Give the creator of this device a medal.  It is magic.  It is fantastic.  Every NCE owner should get one.  George was selling them for $150.  I took his last one.

This initial setup means that I am now limited to 4 wifi throttles using this product on the layout, without having to use my Raspberry Pi.  So I will read the full manual for the WifiTrax later today/tomorrow and look at setting it up on a wifi network in the shed and then I can have a lot more throttles apparently.  

So it now looks like I can cart this device along to any of my mate’s layouts and connect it to their cab bus and they will have a wifi enabled setup.  So when the current Covid-19 lockdown is over, I could visit Darren, Anthony, Lefty, Cliff, Geoff, Jeff or anyone else also with an NCE system and a vacant valid address available and then they can also have a wifi equipped layout.

How good is that?  Pretty Damn good if you ask me.

4 comments:

  1. For we verbally challenged - got some juicy pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. You have to wait for Sunday night. While you are waiting - install your clothesline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow this has sold a problem I've had trying to set my procab to jmri via serial cable. Where can I get the Wi-FiTrax from.

      Delete
    2. In Sydney - Model Railway Craftsman, Brisbane - Aurora Trains. That is as far as I know. Could be more sites.

      Delete