Sunday, May 10, 2020

Tying Up Some Loose Ends


On Monday this week, with it being a public holiday,  I got stuck into doing some work on some more 12mm scratch built QR HO wagons – that being the wagon code as well as the scale.  The second QR HO wagon is almost completed.  Today I added some finishing touches to the first wagon, including couplers.  I then gave it a good spray of a base grey colour to start with, followed by a weathering coat of brown, black and yellowish grime over the top.  I am quite happy with the results.  I hope to complete the second wagon later this week, and potentially start on three more as well.

Yesterday evening I decided to spend some time in the Shed improving the Control Panel for Acacia Ridge Yard.  This control panel has been usable for years, but has had some pencil lines drawn on it to represent the various tracks.  This has now been upgraded to lettering tape to represent the various tracks, colour coded black, blue and red, to represent the mainline, loop line and sidings.  The DCC accessory addresses for each of the electrified points controlled from the panel have been added to the point locations so someone can manually enter those addresses is required.

Just after lunch today I decided to make a small portable 12mm test track with a coupler gauge on one end.  That used a couple of pieces of 12mm offcuts I had lying around was quickly completed.

The other things I have been doing since Friday evening is working on completing some modelling articles for AMRM.  I had a number of articles in various stages of completeness for quite some time.  I was very lazy in not completing these sooner.  I sent one off already today and maybe by early next week another two will also be sent off.  Hopefully they will be of use to them.

Bit by bit, as has been occurring this weekend, I hope to start crossing some more of the tasks off of my to do list.  After these next few narrow gauge QR wagons are completed, I will resume work on the Kyogle station building.  I also keep looking at a number of items that were being made in a large group, with only a few being complete.  I must return back to completing these items.  There are plenty more in the same boat.

I also have remembered my YouTube password, but have been too busy with other tasks to put any video up.  I will advise when I post some video to that site.

No comments:

Post a Comment