Sunday, January 15, 2017

I've Been Doing a Bit of Travelling


Not much has been occurring on the layout this week.  I have spent some time with pen on paper thinking about a couple of detail items to make for the layout, but no actual modelling.

Saturday this week I ventured over to the Clubrooms for our first meeting for the year.  Boy it was Hot!  By 3:30pm everyone had left so the ex-Prez and myself shut up the Clubrooms and locked the gate and left for the afternoon.  We used to have people sitting around until after 5:00pm.  Maybe the heat had something to do with it?  While at the Club I received an order for a dozen 40 foot container flats.  That will give me something to do over the next few weeks.  But first of all I will need to buy some more styrene from the local hobby shop.  I think I have about 6 already made.  I will use this opportunity to build a fully caged 40' container and see how much effort it requires to build it all from styrene rod.

Today I was met by Darren, Ken and Arthur out the front of my place at 7:30am and I drove up to Maleny to visit Bill Dunn’s layout for a running session.  We met up with Peter who was already up there and was staying for a couple of days and three other local modellers.  I had a great time.  The layout runs well and every loco has sound.  There is an immense number of powered points from various lever frames and I continue to see small scenes as I move around the layout.  I took a few mental notes and I will try and build some similar scenes on my layout.  They say imitation is the best form of flattery.  I took quite a few photos but my phone is not letting me connect to it to download them.  I will try again at work tomorrow.  Maybe I can post some later this week.

We also brought Peter back home to Brisbane with us this arvo and went through a ripper of a storm on the highway.  I then gave Peter and Ken their first look at the layout.  I think Peter started shaking his head and was worried he would not be able to sleep tonight as he would be going through the layout operation in his head.

Tuesday Nighters this week is at my place.  Hopefully it will be fine and not as hot as it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment