Sunday, May 26, 2024

NMRA Div 1 Clinics Weekend

This last week just gone was my last full week at home before going back to work for a short term.  Basically, I did not do much modelling at all at home last week.  I did go out on a scouting mission for some pictures driving around the area and taking plenty of photos of the area covering a potentially new layout that I might build in the next few years.  Still plenty of planning still to do.

I did however, do some reviews and practices of my presentations that I presented this weekend at the NMRA Division 1 Clinics Weekend.  I was scheduled to present 2 and a half sessions on Saturday and 2 and a half sessions on Sunday.  The half was shared with my partner of modelling crime PK.  Apparently there was about 50 paid attendees registered for the weekend.  They could attend Saturday and/or Sunday, with a different fee depending upon what sessions they attended.  One stream allowed the attendee to build a small completely sceniced module with track, scenery, static grass, and I think a tree and some rocks.  There was considerable interest for this stream.  The rest of the attendees could do things like modelling in water, building trees, scenery techniques, Intro to DCC, Controlling your layout with ESP/MQTT, JMRI (various topics and sessions), building a detailed structure – 2 parts, Layout Planning, Intro to Model Railway Operations, Painting Backdrops, Modelling Tarpaulins, Applying Decals, and Weathering and a few more.  So each of these sessions were repeated on Saturday and Sunday.

Well what a weekend!  Great enthusiasm, great presentations, enthusiastic attendees, raffles, great catering, quite a few laughs.  It was only 14 minutes from home, so I was spoilt.

There was a considerable number of non NMRA members attending, and we even had some already joining our Division.  I think there will be more joining us soon as well.

Sure there might have been some things that might have gone better over the weekend, and they will be addressed, but that is really only nit picking.  It was a top weekend.  Quite a few of us even went to dinner on the Saturday evening.  The organising committee deserve a pat on the back.  I might need to find some time this week to sit back this week and process what I learnt at the few sessions I attended.

This week is Tuesday Nighters and it is at my place.  So I need to clean the tables and chairs this week, along with the coffee cups. 

I still have a few tasks on my to do list this week to complete - well actually truck loads.  Maybe I will actually make some progress given that the Clinics weekend is now out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment