Sunday, November 5, 2023

Achievements

Well this last week has seen a few milestones achieved.  This is blog post number 850.

The daughter finished her last Uni assignment on Wednesday evening this week, and we now wait to hear her marks, as she hopefully has completed her Law Degree.  She still has her part time job to keep herself busy until mid December, then a well earned holiday break, and then she starts her first fulltime employment in about January or February next year.  That was quite an achievement.

Also last Friday week I submitted my AP paperwork for Master Builder – Cars.  This was for my 7th AP across the 4 disciplines.  On Monday night I heard that my paperwork was approved and I gained that AP certificate.  I also saw that I was approved as the next NMRA MMR in the region.  So that is the end of a short 4 year, 1 month and about 1 week period of activity in completing a number of components (wagons, structures and track), supporting information and the various paperwork for my various APs.

I assume, it will be a few months before I will get officially presented with my next AP certificate and the subsequent MMR paperwork, as there are no real meetings scheduled until January next year.  But it is small load off my shoulders.  I always said that I wanted to complete my last AP before I retired.  I was thinking of taking Long Service leave next year, so I guess I made that goal.  So my goal now is to light a fire under the backsides of a few mates in order to push them further along their AP paths. 

Today we had our Club’s Buy and Sell and towards the end it got a pretty wet.  That forced a bit of an early end to proceedings, with the public and sellers all scattering.  I sold a few items and I also purchased a couple of things.  I did alright out of the day.  I was able to pay off a few debts and now I need to start working on that ‘To Do List’ of activities for December.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Craig on your AP Master Builder - Cars, and reaching the MMR level.

    ReplyDelete