Sunday, October 15, 2023

Club 12mm Update

This week I had to go back to work after 2 weeks touring through NSW and attending the NMRA convention.  What a let down!  Anyway, I was able to take Friday off, as I needed to get my daughter to the airport at about 4:40am for a flight to Cairns and then Townsville.  She comes back on Monday night after talking to some people up there.

So used the time later on Friday to get my tax done.  Looks like I’m in for about a $600 refund.  I see none of that, it just goes into the back account.

Saturday was Club Meeting day and I made my way over there early.  What I noticed was that the extension to the front of the Shed was complete.  There is however further work about water proofing that and the rear extensions and putting insulation into the walls.  It is looking pretty good.

After the meeting, I went down to the rear HO shed and had a look around.  Holy 12mm batman!  There was truck loads of it on the layout.  Most of the goods wagons were weathered, and weathered very well.  I think there were a few BB18¼ steamers running around on the layout.  There was at least three sets of SX cars.  There was also two complete sets of lander cars.  It seems that we might have become the centre of the QR 12mm universe over the last couple of months.  We have quite a few new QR modellers joining the Club.

There was also people running on the outdoor live steam as well.



















1 comment:

  1. Nice to see some photos of interstate layout and models. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete