Sunday, June 4, 2023

Catching up with Filing and Putting Stuff in the Bin

This week on Tuesday we went to our prodigal modeller, Shelton’s place.  He had been away for almost 6 months in Melbourne, but he is now back.  We had a good turn up.  He had done some changes to his track plan and more are in progress.  He has implemented a return loop.  We had previously suggested that he do this, but he said no.  However, after maybe a couple of years he has now added one to his trackage.  During the week, I searched through my articles and found the on eon 3 cubic meter industrial bins.  I started building some last weekend, But I was not certain I was building them the correct size.

This weekend again I had some great plans.  Saturday came and went and I did nothing.  Actually I went out to watch some kids and old boys football and rugby.  However, on Sunday I started to fire up.  I started by cutting up enough styrene for 8 more industrial bins.  The first 4 have been put together completely, and the next 4 just need the side attachments that the garbage trucks lift them up by.  I then cut up enough styrene to make another 10 filing cabinets.  These have been put assembled.  I then thought that I might try making two N scale filing cabinets.  So these have also been completed.

During the week, I noticed that the coupler release bar on one of my models had come adrift.  I had no idea where it is.  The plan was to also shape up some brass wire and drill some styrene mounting posts to the wagon, paint it and then start detailing the wagon with various accent colours.  However, it started raining on Sunday afternoon, so I thought it wise to not do any painting and weathering.  Maybe one afternoon during the week.  However, I have bent up the wire, and drilled holes in some 0.030” x 0.040” styrene, so the coupler release bar is ready to fit.  I might get around to do that later tonight.

Next Saturday is a Club meeting so I was planning on taking my model over to show off to Laurie, in the hope he would be in attendance.  I am after feedback after seeing the models up close instead of theoretical feedback, or via the computer camera over the internet. 

The next task is to rewrite my Arduino program for Shelton the Photographer.  But I cannot get motivated to get into that as yet.  I will see if I can start that during the week.  Next Sunday I will look at a couple of N scale locos that someone game me to install a decoder into.  I have previously mentioned that I had installing decoders.  And I do with a passion.

Another new task that is soon to hit the To Do list, is to paint Gordy and Marty.  I went halves with some postage with a mate after he said he was doing a miniprints order.  My share of the order was Gordy and Marty.  I have quite a bit of figurine painting to do.  But I’m sure both those figurines will take quite a bit of paint to cover them!

No comments:

Post a Comment