Sunday, May 21, 2023

Last of my Scheduled Events

As this weekend rolled around, another full weekend of fun and frivolity was scheduled and it unfolded.  It all actually started on Tuesday night when we visited Barnacle’s place.  The bugger has installed one of my filing cabinets in his local fish retail shop on the wharf at Mosquito Creek.  In through the office window, you could see a female staff worker standing in front of the filing cabinet with the second from the top draw opened and her hands diving into it.  No doubt filing some invoices.  We actually got to see the long lost member of the crew – Shelton who had been in Melbourne for many months – maybe 6 months.  With him, back maybe people will pick on me less and more on him - Hey PK?

Saturday was the NMRA meeting.  Darren and Craig came to my place and I drove them to the meeting on the other side of the city.  We parked outside PK’s place, and went in and had a chat.  He was installing a decoder and keep alive into Kyle’s QR loco before the meeting.  We all worked around the corner, for maybe 100m maybe 120m to Bob’s place.  The meeting was well attended.  Bob had a layout in his garage and it had DCC on the HO trackage and DC on his 12mm QR trackage.  For the meeting we had three great presentations and a very good informative meeting.

On Sunday it was a Buy and Sell Day at the RMCQ Clubrooms.  About 50 tables were sold and the BBQ guys were going full chat for the whole morning.  I left home early to get my usual reserved table just outside the clubrooms.  I had my most successful day in selling stuff at this Buy and Sell.  We also saw some grain stuff, that we might have acquired for Mr Wuiske for his layout.  Next time we see him, we will hand it over either to him in person, or to one of his minions at an upcoming exhibition.  I also picked up a couple of items myself for a fair price.  There was lots of stuff that was there that I was slightly tempted into acquiring, but I held out.  It also appears that I was just a couple of minutes too slow in picking up a NCE Powercab for an absolute bargain.   Darren beat me to it.  And I gave him a lift the day before.  he needs to look after his older mates.

So now, I should be able to spend sometime next weekend actually doing some modelling tasks, instead of full weekend attending events.  I do need to build about another 25 pallets and also I had an order for some 3 cubic meter industrial bins.  I will have all of these by the next Club Meeting.  I should be able to spend some time working on Barnacle Bob's Arduino project next weekend as well.

1 comment: