Sunday, March 12, 2023

Still Detailing the QGA Wagons

Again a very slow week in terms of model railways activity.  However, Tuesday evening this week we drove to Darren’s place for our usual Tuesday Nighters meeting.  We had good numbers in attendance given the distance we all had to travel.  We also had a good get together and plenty of jokes doing the rounds.

Saturday this weekend included a trip to the Club for the monthly meeting.  I had hoped to catch up with someone there to pick their brain but they did not attend.  There is always next month.  This is not to say that it was not a positive outcome on the day.  I had many good conversations with those in attendance, and sold a few pallets to members.  The number of pre-made pallets I have on hand now is getting quite low. 

This morning I attended the UPMRC Open Day and table sale event at Holland Park.  I said g’day to a few people there, but I did not buy anything.  I had my eye on a couple of items, but they were picked up by others before I could follow through on my intentions.  It was very nice to see the number of young families visiting the UP clubrooms to show the trains running on the UP Clubroom layout to their kids.  

Later this arvo, while watching the Motor Racing, I set about adding coupler lift bars to both ends of my two QR QGA grain wagons.  I eventually got them fitted and they actually move.  I will touch them up with some paint next weekend.

Next week, I think I will super detail two of my long time scratch built wagons.  That detail will be mostly brake gear, brake pipes and various handbrake wheels, air tanks and piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment