Sunday, August 1, 2021

Bridge Works

I have been doing quite a few things this week, spending some time every day in the shed in between watching the Olympics.  Luckily I have a TV in the shed so I can do some work and still listen and then watch from time to time.  I started off doing some work on the Baker’s Road overbridge.  I used Panel Line Accent Colors on the individual planks on the bridge.  I have also added a second km mark on the bridge abutment.  I also add the numbers 1 and 2 to the two bridge piers.  I also added a last painted date to one of the bridge trestles.  The same was added to my second wooden road over rail bridge, this one on the Murwillumbah Line just between Lismore and Murwillumbah.

Baker's Road overbridge.  The bridge planks have been picked out in various Accent Colors.

The bridge between Lismore and Murwillumbah.

I also did some work on the rail over road bridge at Lismore.  I added a kilometre mark (distance from Sydney Central) to the top of the bridge.  I also added some road marking to the road below.  Next was the clearance marks on the top of the bridge.

The bridge at Lismore

I also did some work on the rail over road bridge (Anzac Drive) just north of Kyogle station.  I added road zebra stripe markings to the bridge piers, some markings to the bridge above the road, and the clearance height numbers.  Next to the bitumen road is a slightly higher opening in the dirt.  Some traffic can take this route to fir under the normal road opening.  This road opening, also had the height printed above the opening and other markings on the bridge.  So road guide posts were also added as was a wooden fence protecting the road way from the opening which is the flood plane across the Upper Richmond River or as the locals call it Fawcett’s Creek.  I also added a clearance sign to the Summerland Way bridge as well.

Anzac Drive at Kyogle.  The dirt road with an extra 1m clearance is to the left.

Summerland Way at Kyogle going under the Railway.

Working on this section in Kyogle, inspired me to bite the bullet and work on the creek underneath the railway line.  So I trimmed some Styrofoam from the opening and then gave it a covering of plaster.  I thought that I might also need a storm water drain entry into the creek, so that was entry stage right.  I created the road that runs around from the Summerland Way and also goes to Anzac Drive on the other side of the creek.  So this has been completed and also an initial covering of paint was added.  I think I will need to add some dirt and grass to this scene and some rocks water to the creek.  That will probably take quite a few days.  I have already got all my trees out to populate this opening and just laying them on the baseboard makes then look pretty good.  So I will try and publish a photo of the completed scene next week.


The Upper Richmond River opening (Fawcett's Creek) at Kyogle.  It has been all plastered over.  Since this time, it has been painted and trees temporarily placed all around the area to see what it will look like when complete.

This photo shows the storm water opening which will feed into the main creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment