Sunday, January 24, 2021

Quiet Week

This last 7 days has been extremely quiet in term of modelling activity.  I did some early planning for installing an Arduino on a level crossing for a demo layout.  So today I packed up everything I need and hopefully I will be able to install this tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to an NMRA luncheon and had a good natter to quite a few members.  Afterwards Darren came back to my place to pick up some modelling items which I forgot to take to the meeting – Doh!  While just walking around my layout and pointing out a few things to Darren, I got some ideas.  These included moving a couple of throttle holders from my bottom deck fascia.  So last night they were relocated to the top deck fascia.  This should provide a couple of extra inches of aisleway space during an operations session.  I will also do a bit of a trim to a couple of locations of the baseboard.  All this is in the aisleway leading to Cassino station.

Another activity I did get around to during the week was to cut up about 60% of my pallets into individual ones from the strips that they are made in.  The rest are cut into 12 lots of 4 pallets mini strips.

I have Tuesday Nighters this week at my place.  I have at least 8 visitors attending, so tomorrow afternoon, I will be washing out the pergola and cleaning the outdoor furniture.

So hopefully I will be motivated to actually do some modelling work on Tuesday, including painting up the first 60 odd pallets in various colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment