Sunday, January 17, 2021

Kyogle Dairy Building

On Friday I went to Aurora Trains in the hope that they had a Walther Cornerstone building I was after.  There is a God!  I found one on the shelf that i was planning to utilise to kitbash the Kyogle Dairy Building.  With some other stuff in my hands (bogies and decals items), I left very happy.  So while watching the cricket on TV on Saturday, I knocked out 4 strips of pallets.  So that was 104.  I also added the 4” boards to another half strip of 13 pallets that I had hanging around.  I still have enough styrene to finish another 26 pallets.  It is amazing, that after buying 4 packets of 0.010" x 0.040" styrene, I had two packets with extra lengths of strip in them.  So that has enabled me to complete the half strip, and still have enough styrene for another strip of 26 pallets available.  Of the strips that I have completed, the plan is to do maybe 20 in red, 20 in blue, and 40 in various shades of brown.  I will leave the rest unpainted to meet any future demand.

Also on Saturday afternoon I cracked open the Walthers Cornerstone building that I bought at Aurora Trains on Saturday.  I gave it a thorough check over and prepared the various components of the building.  I find it bizarre that these kits have lots of other parts in them, because they make the various sprews do multiple kits.  My plan of attack is to only build one side of this kit, by adding virgin styrene to the rear of the kit and thus I can make my implementation of this kit twice as long as what the kits is supposed to be built as.  So that means I need to make my own roof for half of the building (the back side), as well as adjust the inside of the kit for a base that runs the full length of the new kit size.  So the extra bits in this kit, have provided me with some goods shed platform deck, that I will probably halve in width to run the full length of the new building size.  there are a couple of extra items, and also some detail items, that I might see if some of my mates can use.  I don't think it will fit in with my implementation.

Today I could not get motivated to do anything.  There has been some dabbling with new Arduino for an upcoming level crossing implementation, and testing some motors for my animated whirly0birds.

I can feel a long weekend coming next weekend, so hopefully I will progress some projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment