Sunday, April 5, 2020

Getting Bored at Home or Lack of Motivation Returns


Well this week has been the start of our working from home from place of employment.  When I sit in the home office for 8 hours a day, I do not feel like sitting in the same office for another hour at night and do my private email, check out blogs and other model railway activities.  I am one of the lucky ones in our society that still has a job to do and I can undertake it from home.  So to me, while keeping generally out of the way of society, in self isolation, it does not feel much different to the normal go to work situation.  I do not have much more time on my hands, but I do save about 2 hours each day in travel time that has been recouped.  Some of that time, is being transferred into a walk around the neighbourhood every second day after work has completed.  But that might pick up to everyday this week, if I can talk my kids into coming with me for company.

At this point in time, I am not getting motivated to do any modelling activities.  Although yesterday I cut up a single strip of 0.047” x 0.047” styrene into 24mm lengths and then painted them a wood colour.  That was it for the whole day.  Don't want to over do this activity thing.

Today all I did was enter the shed, look around, and decide to cut up some coloured electrical tape to half complete 4 more control panels.  These were the Narrow Gauge entry panel at Fisherman Islands, the two panels at Park Road Sidings (one each end), and the rather large panel at South Brisbane Interstate.  While all the track has been laid in the coloured electrical tape, I have not added any words like Main, Loop, or the siding numbers, or point numbers to the panels.  I might get around to this activity during the next week.

It did dawn on me during the last week, that I do have a number of projects that have been started, that have been shelved.  Some of these were started over 2 years ago.  I even have one house I started building I think over 20 years ago that does not yet have a roof.  So some of these projects might be restarted over the next period of stay at home activity.  Maybe I can schedule about 30 minutes of model railway activity before I start the work day, or even straight after I complete the work day.  We will see what this week brings.  It is a long weekend so I'm sure to do something in the shed.

1 comment:

  1. Before the dills in NSW lengthened daylight saving to the start of October, the last 3 weeks of October offered almost an hour of morning daylight, before I headed to work. I used this hour for modelling - and it put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Modelling after I returned home was never as productive. Suggest you should try the morning modelling approach Craig

    ReplyDelete