Sunday, November 26, 2017

Two Down, with Another Two Almost Complete and Another To Go


After last week’s post PK sent me through a couple of witty emails in response to my post about his backyard shed and clothes line.  I was not very sorry about airing his dirty laundry so to speak.   I had to respond in kind, by saying I was not going for the prize of best model, but most popular, as I am sure everyone will get a huge laugh out of the entry once they see a model of him outside his shed, drinking beer with his huge beard (and I do mean huge white beard) – Note I have purposely not posted that photo as I want to see his reaction in person when he sees the completed model.

Work this week centred around completing my Modelling competition entries.  On Monday I bent up and attached four handrails around the access doors for my FAM Coach.  I also bent up and painted two down pipes for PK’s Shed. 

On Tuesday Night after a trip to my son’s school for a Drama Presentation was cancelled due to apathy, I was able to make it to the UPMRC Buy and Sell.  I caught up with a few mates there and afterwards, a few of us caught up with Peter and few other Tuesday Nighter's at Peter’s place.  I could not find anything of interest at the Buy and Sell.  But I must admit there was plenty of items being transacted.

I had Thursday and Friday off thus week to watch the Test Cricket.  On Thursday this week, I attached the down pipes to PK’s Shed.  I also had a rather thorough look for my previously built chicken coop.  No Luck.  So I made another one.  I then made up the hen house to go inside the chicken coop.  On Friday I cut up two base boards - one for the chicken coop and  one for PK’s Shed and did a bit of work in preparing the diorama bases for these.  The hen house and chicken coop were painted/weathered and the wire attached to the chicken coop.  The door even works.  So with a few added pieces of detail these entries are now considered complete.

On Saturday I got stuck back into the Old Cassino Goods Shed.  I found a few photos that I had put aside and also dialled up a view from Google Earth and Google Street View to confirm colouring and other various details.  That allowed me to basically paint up the model that I have built.  Late yesterday I also cut up a display base for this model.  Last night I decided that I needed to add an entry to the building, so this morning I painted that up with the help of my Silver, Grey Primer and Yellow Oxide spray cans.  I will add that tonight.  I spent all day today at a family BBQ, and we had fun watching the women's world cup football and the cricket on TV.

I think tonight I might think about some extra detail onto the Goods Shed and maybe next Friday (another day off) I will paint up the display base, and add the track, ballast and driveway for the trucks to the goods shed module.  Then that entry will be completed.

That will then leave me all next week and the week after (when I’m on Holidays and there is more cricket on TV) to apply the decals to the FAM passenger coach and also complete the building of the load for my 40’ container flat.

So I think everything is coming together nicely for my Club Modelling Competition entries.  I just need to remember to pack everything up when I head over to the Club for the Christmas Party and Modelling Competition on the 9th.

1 comment: