Sunday, August 14, 2016

Back to Doing Some Fencing

So on Tuesday and Wednesday this week I decided to do some more work on the Murwillumbah Cement Silo.  I was not satisfied with my fencing efforts thus far.  So I decided to add some strainers to every corner post and wherever the fence changed directions.  I used some 1mm Styrene rod and cut it up to suitable lengths.  I then sprayed it grey.  Once dry, I bent the strainers so they conformed to the standard shape that they were from the various photos of the Cement Facility.  I drilled some 1mm holes into the baseboard and installed the strainers after adjusting their lengths and then glued them use styrene glue to the actual posts.  I installed the first 6 on Tuesday and the rest another 8 on Wednesday.  I think they turned out pretty good. 

I had previously made up some small styrene fencing brackets that I attached to the top of the fence posts, and as the bottom of the gates have a long pivot that is buried into the ground below the gate, the top of the gate goes up through these small brackets which attach to the fence posts next to the gate and the fence posts are allowed to pivot, open and close as the mood allows.  So this is how I have working gates on my layout at various locations.
This is the Murwillumbah Cement Silo from the layout aisle side before the fence strainers had been installed.  It is very similar to the one the Southern are bringing out.  I still have more work to do to the grounds inside the fences.

This is the railway side of the cement Silo.  I have a few small detail items to add to the front of the structure.  And yes, the roller doors at each end both work.  I think I had a door for the adjacent shed, but do you think I can find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment