Sunday, March 6, 2016

Back Doing Some Scenery

So yesterday I didn’t do much in the shed but I mixed up a new batch of watered down Aquadhere and then spread a bit of it around in three crossing loops to stick down some thin cork.  The cork is used between the tracks.  being a different level it gives the impression of less ballast between the tracks.  My aim is get some more ballast (a few kg more), and spread it in Glenapp Loop, The Risk Loop and Cassino Meatworks Siding.  I will also spread some in Kyogle Stock Siding and all around Old Cassino Yard.
Looking south through Glenapp Loop.  The signal box in the distance.

Today I decided to do a bit of scenery around the bridge at the bottom of the Cougal Spiral.  I spread some rocks at the bottom of the creek, and built up some sleeper walls around the bridge so that the ballast could be laid right up to the bridge.  This area had been previously ballasted and I left the last inch of track unballasted as I did not know what to do in the transition to the bridge.  So today it got completed.  I also spread some coloured dirts around to cover the paint on the sides of the creek embankments. 
Some sleeper retaining walls holding back the ballast.  Some rock added to the bottom of the creek.

The bridge with ballast right up to the retaining walls.

I then moved to Kyogle where the Summerland Way go underneath the north coast line.  I painted up the pre-stressed concrete bridge that I had made years ago and temporarily fitted it.  I will make some concrete sloped bases next week.
The roadway installed through the bridge.  A pathway will be installed next week after my next batch of plaster is made.

I also mixed up quite a few batches of plaster and installed the base scenery contours around the road that leads down from the Murwillumbah headshunt and goes past the Lismore Shell Oil Siding.  I installed the road in this location and spread some more plaster around the area that leads towards Lismore station.
My stained balsa road can be seen.  This will need colouring and greening up before I fence around the oil siding complex.

Just around the corner is the road towards Lismore.

I also did a bit of cutting of the roadway that will be installed near the old trestle road over rail bridge between Lismore and Murwillumbah. 
Again plaster either side of the raised road will be required to complete the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment