Sunday, August 25, 2013

Services Suspended! - No trains this weekend

It was the kid’s school fete this weekend.  Saturday morning started with the Kyle's soccer semi final, which he won 1-0 in the last minute of play when his team was awarded a penalty after one of their players was brought down inside the penalty box. The shot was converted and we are now through to the Elimination Final next weekend.  Saturday afternoon was a 3 hour working bee (that certainly ran longer than that) to help set up the school fete.
 
Well the school fete was on today.  It was supposed to go from 10:00 until 3:00pm, but I got there before 8:00am and must have got home after 6:00pm tonight.  Well we had to clean up the beer tent or the beer would go off!  Or that's what they said, so I stayed to help.
 
However I did get about 1 hour down the shed on Friday afternoon.  I had Friday off to do to some school related activity for my daughter in the morning.  But in the arvo after school pickup, I was able to go down to the shed.  I soldered in the third rail to the fourth road within Clapham Yard.  I do this by soldering a piece of PC board sleeper between the outside standard gauge rail and the inner narrow gauge rail.  The PC board holds the narrow gauge rail at its 12mm position in relation to the common rail.  I tested the various narrow and standard gauge wagons through this area and it seems to work adequately. 
 
Having done that task, I ripped up the track in the third road in Clapham Yard.  I need to cut out some sleepers out of one side of the lengths of track so I can install my PC board sleepers to attach the narrow gauge rail.  I have about 7 feet of third rail to install next weekend, and once this if finished I will have to start installing point motors at the northern end of Clapham Yard.
 
I think my "fixed under warranty" Digitrax 64 has started its way back across the Pacific Ocean and should be here next weekend so it can be also installed next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment