Sunday, August 6, 2023

More Preparation

My plans for this weekend were upset by the realisation that our local NMRA meeting is in 2 weeks.  It is at place of one of my mates.  i normally try and cause a bit of a stir at this type of meeting.  I had previous decided how I was going to surprise him and very few people know about it.  I spent the weekend building an item (or should I say a few items) for that meeting.  I will not comment any more until 2 weeks time.

So this activity pushed what I had planned on doing on my NOCY wagon and my ballast plough.  I will be doing that hopefully next Sunday.  Next Saturday is the RMCQ monthly meeting.  So I will head over there and catch up with the members. 

Early this week, the locations for the layout tours for the NMRA Convention have been announced along with the dates and time and the maximum number of attendees in a session.  Booking were opened up and we could start planning where we wanted to go. I have put together a draft list of locations and times for our travelling group to attend.  Our travelling crew hope to discuss this on Tuesday night at our usual meeting.  The idea will be to lock in our positions at each of the layouts by the end of next week.

The number of weeks left before the Convention is running out and I need to spend a few days on my presentations, updating the photos in them and maybe producing some additional notes for distribution.  Plenty occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment