Sunday, July 2, 2023

NHBF Ballast Wagon Progressing

This week we went to Geoff’s place on Tuesday night and we had a great turn out.  We also had a great time.  We sat at a long table in his garage and there were multiple conversations going on simultaneously across the table.  A great evening was had by all.  Some great information was shared by Brendan and a lot of emails exchanged hands later on as people purchased some of the items he was talking about.  I also got to take some loot home.  I had two Acco trucks that Glen ordered in a bulk purchase.  I also had Marty and Gordy that another Geoff ordered from Mini Prints.  Thirdly I got a set of decals that Darren ordered from AR Kits.

The plan this week was to work on my NHBF Ballast wagon.  On Friday afternoon, I rounded up my air hoses, brake wheels, and started bending up some brass wire for shunters steps.  I added these on Saturday morning and early afternoon.  I now think I had completed all the detail on this wagon and now just need to apply decals and give it a final dull coat.  What I would really like is a plan of this wagon.  I cannot find one around.  I’m sure I saw one printed at one point in time, but where just escapes me.

Progress on Sunday was limited today as I woke up with the biggest headache.  Not sure on the reason, as I had been up very late on Friday and Saturday evening (or should I say Saturday and Sunday Mornings) watching the cricket, as well as attending my daughter’s 21st Birthday party on Saturday night or the kink in my neck when I woke up this morning.  I’m sure they all played a big part in my headache.  What I did get around to do on the modelling front was to touch up all the pieces of brass wire with a dab of paint.

I am now gathering detail items required to complete my NSW Ballast Plough.  These will be added next weekend.  That will be followed by the NOCY as the decals are here.  That is the week after's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment