Sunday, February 19, 2023

Meeting Day

This week I had Friday off and didn’t do much at all.  Had a late breakfast with the family down at the shops, purchased some clear plastic containers to put new projects in so I can keep everything tidy in the shed.  I also watched some new TV series in the afternoon with the family that we were catching up on.  Saturday was our local NMRA meeting.  Darren got dropped off by his boss in the AM.  We had a quick visit to the shed to show progress, and then I drove us both to the meeting at Ipswich.  We got there about 9:20am and then we walked to the local hobby shop Voglers.  Darren picked up some bargain ‘road rager cars’ among other items.  I picked up some very cheap styrene for more pallets.  Then we walked back and enjoyed a very long meeting with a huge number of people.  I recon there were about 55 people there.  There was something like 45 without the host club.  While at the meeting I picked up my Div 1 jacket and also an Onondaga Cutoff shirt that Marty brought back from the Amherst Exhibition for a few of his mates.  After the meeting I then took Darren home and then made my way back home.  We all had a quite a few laughs before, during, and after this meeting.

Today I went to the shed and cut up some more fascia material for the North Coast Control side of Cassino Meatworks.  This was installed, with the various cut-outs in the panel made for the NCE UTP, intermediate staff machine for Cassino Meatworks Siding in the section Cassino - Fairy Hill section, headset plug-in point, and level crossing cancelling switch for the Cassino Meatworks shunter to use when running around trains in the Meatworks Siding.  This new layout fascia was then painted black.

The amount of fascia to do now is very small.  It is a few small section on the rear (hidden) walkway behind Fairy Hill Loop in a seldom used and accessed area at the rear of the shed.  I think I am the only person that ever goes to that location.

I had planned to do some more Arduino testing this weekend, but I decided to do some other jobs.  There is always next week.  However, I did have to do a remedial NCE Consisting class with a well known NSW modeller plumber from south of the border who visited Brisbane quite regularly from Glen Innes, when he gave me a ring this arvo.  Happy to lend a hand, as you never know when your shitter might get blocked hey PK?

No comments:

Post a Comment