Sunday, May 1, 2022

Brisbane Model Railway Exhibition

This week I had Friday off work to help with the bump in of mine and Geoff's stand at the 2022 Brisbane Model Railway Exhibition yesterday and today.  However, before then I went to my niece’s place to pick up some knurled steel rollers for my track cleaning cars.  Her husband made them at work the day before.

At the show yesterday I visited the stand of Rusty and Joan and picked up a couple of Loco bargains.  One was a dummy Jumbo and the second was a DCC powered Jumbo Loco.  I have not yet tested how each runs on the rails, or even if the dummy had lights connected.  I can easily wire up a two function or 4 function decoder with no motor control so it can lead or be second unit on a train on my layout.  I had quite a few people visit my stand on the Saturday.  I was sitting next to Geoff and he had the same issue.  By the end of the day we were both completely horse.  We never shut up all day.

Sunday morning I went cruising around the exhibition looking for various detail items required to tart up a number of wagons.  I got some decals from Casula, screws from Aurora Models, arranged some decals from PGC, 12mm points from Queensland Scale Models, bought many 3D printed animals from Platform Printing.  Boy they have some very nice items.  They also had a packet of 10 railway workers.  Their painted samples on their small dioramas, looked absolutely brilliant.  I will have to try and replicate some of their magic painting and them place some on my layout.

I also had a dry throat from talking all day today.  We sure did talk to lots of people.

It was great to catch up with mates over the weekend, David, Chris and Adam, Anthony, Mark, Jeff, Brendan, Daniel, Matt, and plenty of others.  I Also had some really long talks with many new people, from various locations like Mt Isa, Townsville, and Sydney.  People come from many places for this exhibition.

I will be back next year for sure.  Thanks AMRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment