Sunday, April 18, 2021

Planning and Prep

This has been a relatively quiet week modelling and model railway wise.  I did travel over to the AMRA-Q Open Day and Buy and Sell on Saturday morning and the caught up with a few mates.  I next went to the NMRA Division 1 meeting at Murrumba Downs.  Again this was a nice meeting where we caught up with some more guys I had not seen for a while.

At the AMRA-Q Buy and Sell I did pick up a NSW oil pot.  So that had been put into an oil siding at Lismore.  Just sitting here now and thinking, this extra oil wagon might force me to have to retire another oil wagon as I think the oil siding might be too small to take this extra wagon.  When I shunt this siding, I add another wagon into this siding, so now this new additional wagon might foul the run arounds when working this siding in our Operations sessions.  I will have to try do a trial run of the oil train and see if it still fits before the next Operations Session.  Mind you, I have no idea when that will be with too many other activities being planned at the moment.  One last task that I did was buy a set of 3 QR wagons for a pretty good price.  PK also bought a packet of 3 QR wagons.  All we need to do now is change the 16.5mm bogies over to 12mm.  So I'm on the look out for some 12mm bogies for some HWO wagons.

Activities this week have included trying to get motivated to build another 10 clotheslines.  I’m still trying to find that motivation.  Maybe later tonight, as I know the wife and daughter will be watching something that I won't want to.

My time this week has been spent thinking about the upcoming May model train exhibition in Brisbane, and the following NMRA-X Australasian Regional Virtual Convention for the 11-14th of June and a new presentation for this event, and an NMRA Division 1 meeting at my place in July.  So I’m pretty busy planning for these.  I’m trying to identify what I need to complete for each of these events.

I might need to apply for a Blue card in order to do June event, as I’m doing it in tandem with PK.  I think you need one of those Blue cards when working with children.  A long week ahead followed by two short ones.

1 comment:

  1. See, even Scooter has trouble finding motivation about clotheslines... WHO HWO said the owl.

    ReplyDelete