Sunday, February 7, 2021

Kyogle Norco Diary Building

On Saturday this weekend, I gave the Norco Dairy building destined for Kyogle a paint.  This included the main structure and its roof.  The building was painted white, while the roof was painted silver.  I also made another roof to cover the platform at the front of the building.  I also added legs to the two platforms out the front of the building. The legs were stained in my normal ink pad ink and "metho" mixture before they were glued onto the two platforms.   The platforms were created out of wood and stained with the same mixture.  Yesterday I also added some bracing to the front of the building to help hold up the roof above the front platform.   We will see in the longer term, how this holds up under the weight of the front platform roof.  I have made some gutters out of 0.080” channel.  There were made by butt joining two strip of styrene together and allowing the join to set. 

So early this morning I sprayed these gutters a blue colour just like in the photos I posted last week.  Once the gutters were dry, I added them to the two roof sections.  I may have to also add a gutter to the rear of the building, but that will not be easily view, but I'm sure some of my crew will catch on and give me a stir about no gutters on the rear, so I better build one for there as well.  I will still need to add the barge boards to the sides of the roofs.  These will also be painted blue.  Next task is to make a door and a window for the end of the building.

On Saturday, I also shaped and painted 16 concrete pads for one of my water tanks.  I am scratching my head as to how I will fit these small pads into the scenery so that they are all level for the water tank to be positioned accurately on top of them.  The scenery at the location where this water tank is not 100% flat, so I can’t just throw the bases onto the ground.  I will have to have a think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment