Sunday, February 2, 2020

Preparation Underway


This weekend was a long weekend for me.  The week started with a long weekend as well.  I left early on Thursday for some medical appointments and then on Friday, the whole electrical switchboard for the house was ripped out and was rewired.  So basically I had no power, light, fans or airconditioning for most of the day.  So the boss was not silly.  She and the daughter went to the local shops for a few hours in the airconditioning while I minded the sparkies and sweated like a pig.  So that was day spent sitting around reading train magazines.  

On Saturday I went around some hobby shops to check out what was happening and picked up some styrene strip.  Today I started putting that styrene to good use.  I built another rail load for my AKFX/Y wagons.  I also started the frames of two more rail racks.  In two week’s time the local NMRA group will be having a modelling demonstration day at a local business’s workshop (just around the corner from me) and I will be putting together some rail loads and painting them up on the day.  So everything is already prepared to rock up on that day, and give the demonstration.

Yesterday I also started putting together the first draft of the itinerary for Numbnut's, Dazza's and Scooter's awesome road trip to the NMRA convention in Sydney in June.  I will do some more work on it next week and then send it around for comment.

Feeling bored this afternoon, I started looking at some of the great plans Arthur provided for me last week.  I am looking at building a QR HO wagon (or two or more) out of styrene.  I found some styrene that I had sitting around, that had the approximate profile of the wagon sides and ends.  I have since built up the box for the open wagon, and now need to add some external detail and the underframe detail.  I just don't have any wheels to add to the wagon.  Once this is complete, I think I will try and build up a HOE wagon, which is a HO without the two pairs of side doors each side.  You must crawl before you can run.

2 comments:

  1. Did I fail to mention that with the Numbnut's, Dazza's and Scooter's Awesome Road Trip, I will be making more room in the car by using a small open box trailer... for Scooter to ride in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setup a chair like Granny Clampetts. I will free of greenarse gasses.

    ReplyDelete