On Thursday afternoon this week, I thought I’d give the local hobby shop a call to see if they had an NCE Snap-It in stock, as I was planning my Saturday afternoon trip to my son's cricket game. Well wouldn’t you know it. They did not have any in stock. So I will now have to wait until they next get a shipment of NCE stuff in. So that put a halt on to what I was going to do this weekend. I was going to install the Snap-It into Acacia Ridge Yard. Because of that I decided to head down to the shed on Friday Night and do some tinkering. I was thinking of trying to make a few moulds of some traditional galvanised iron water tanks and try and make my own by pouring some plaster into the mould. Nothing too technical for me! Well I never got around to doing any of that.
I was again surveying the trackage in Acacia Ridge Yard. I thought I might be able to put a set of points into the dual gauge lead from Clapham Yard and I might be able to store a standard gauge loco or two in this short siding. It just happened that I had a set of right hand large points with a third rail that I had previously kitbashed a third rail into the diverging track. It just happened to fit the geometry on the lead in Acacia Ridge Yard perfectly. I did do a bit of work on this set of points to ensure that third rail was set at the correct gauge. I think that was the issue when I had it originally laid on my track. That and the fact that the Peco spring had gone onto a better life. I now will control this point by using an old fashioned throwover lever that I will connect to the point.
I also did not get around to trying to fix my layout voltmeter. I was busy all day and night Saturday and Sunday arvo when I was home it was just too hot to head down to the shed. maybe next week.