Two weeks ago I admitted to an epic fail in my modelling for the week. Well that was nothing compared to this week just completed. I had plans to do about half a dozen jobs small jobs. I spent the last week down the coast with the family and while I did take a selection of things to work on for the week, I did not do a thing except draw up some plans for some models that I will soon be making. I also watched the cricket on TV for three day/nights, and went to beach, the pool, played cricket in the backyard of the unit and on the beach, went for some walks on the beach and played Frisbee on the beach. I also went to the various shopping centres around the coast that we always visit. There was no time left for modelling.
Well yesterday was our Club’s annual Christmas Party and we had our annual modelling competition. There was only three entries in the competition, usually there are close to twenty. That was very poor form! Alas even with those great odds, I did not win either the best model or the most popular but there is always next year. I did have a bit of feedback that there was two votes in it, but I’m not sure what category that was for.
On the way back from the coast yesterday morning, after unpacking the car, I popped into the local hobby shop on my way to the Club. I picked up the wanted styrene for my fencing continuation. Today I got down to the shed, cracked out the styrene and gave it a paint. Wouldn’t you know it! I have now run out of grey etch primer. Well I think that will be a trip to the local auto shop next weekend for a few tins of spray paint. After the fencing rails that I did paint before the paint ran out had dried, I added them to the Rocla Sleeper Siding and now this area is complete apart from the wire mesh to be added to the fence. I then used up all my remaining styrene to complete the Lismore Shell Oil Siding. I have about 7 or 8 lengths of fencing rails left to add to the posts to complete the fencing. However, I only have 6 lengths of styrene rails ready to paint but no paint. So I might need to try and source another packet of styrene before I can complete that task. Yes I still have the wire mesh to add to this area as well. Yes I need some paint to paint the various lengths of tulle that I use for my fencing, so everything is conspiring against my desire to complete these modelling tasks. Certainly that will be completed over the Christmas Holidays.
I’m also just started to plan for the Operating Sessions over the Christmas New Year break. So some work to complete tonight and next weekend for that.