Sunday, February 14, 2016

Finished Wiring the Staff Sections and Point Indicator, but...

So this arvo I went down to the shed after lunch and in the heat got stuck into building four more power supplies to run LEDs around the layout.  Three were destined to be installed today.  The first was installed at the Fisherman Islands end of the Dutton Park to Fisherman Islands staff section and upon testing it worked first time.  What luck!  I then installed the power supply for the Clapham Yard to Dutton Park staff section at the Dutton Park end of that section.  That too worked first time when powered up.  I was on a roll!
 
I then turned my attention to the point indicator for the Dutton Park point that directs northbound trains to either Park Road Siding and South Brisbane Interstate or to Fisherman Islands Yard.  So after connecting the power supply to the DCC bus, I connected the constant DC output wires up from the power supply via the switch on the point motor and then via the two LEDs on the display panel.  It did not light!  Damn!  So I assumed that I had the wires from the power supply reversed with the LEDs.  So I reversed these wires and retested.  Still no go.  Whoops!  I then confirmed I had power from my DC power supply – which I had.  I then tested the switch on the point and it appears that it did not work.  Hmmmm! So I replaced the switch with another that has previously tested as working.  I then tested the circuit and still no LEDs lit.  So I reversed the already reversed output wires back at the constant DC power supply and then upon retesting - everything was now all OK.  Winner!
 
Now what has occurred is that it appears that the control panels for the point at Park Road no longer work – or at least do not cause the point to change.  I had given up and that issue was a task for another weekend.  However, while writing this update I remembered that there is one wire that came off the NCE Mini Panel situated under Border Loop which at the time a few weeks ago – I had no idea where it came from.  Well it may well be the common power supply wire that will provide 5V from the NCE Mini Panel to the input for the three Dutton Park control panels.  I was wondering what that wire was for at the time and had forgotten that it had come off.  So I will test it next Saturday or Sunday and I will bet that it will fix the operation of these panels.
 
Next week I have Tuesday Nighter's this Tuesday at Geoff’s.  I will also be attending an Operating Session at Anthony’s on Saturday arvo.  I always look forward to these sessions.  It gives me plenty to think about comparing and contrasting operations on The Border Region and how I could modify procedures or processes at Cassino to achieve a better outcome. 

I also hear that there will be a Modelling the Railways of Queensland Convention held on the 17th of September at the Wellers Hill Bowls Club from 11:00am until 6:00pm with an optional separately priced BBQ afterwards.  That will be followed by potentially some open layouts the following day.  I hear that there will be the standard Qld stream running, and there will also be a narrow gauge stream and there could also be the beginning of a NSW Outline Stream.  Maybe the NSW stream will focus on the standard gauge line within Queensland.  So keep an eye out soon for details.  You may even know some of the presenters and the various clinic presenters.  I wonder who they could be?

6 comments:

  1. Was wondering if you could give me a condensed version of the stream on offer.
    Just the basics not a torrent of information
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Are you in need of a Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get your loan at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

      E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Mr Bolivia, although just a trickle of info or I'm sure I'll be a little dammed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The call for presenters is just going out, so nothing confirmed as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 54,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 54,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact:urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
    Are you in need of a Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get your loan at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

    E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete