Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Postie was Busy

On Tuesday I received my 45 Class loco from Auscision.  My wife missed the delivery on Monday so she had to go to the local post office to pick up on Tuesday.  It does look good!  It runs very smoothly on DC.  Also on Tuesday we went to Arthur's place for our Tuesday Nighter's Meeting.  While there Darren delivered a 4 pack of Eureka RSH wagons.  While there I split the pack with peter - 2 each.  Also on display there on Arthur's layout, we had his two Auscision 45 class locos, a Trainorama 48 class and also two Wuiske 1550 class 12mm locos. 
 
On Friday I went to the loco hobby shop to pick up an order for Peco points for the Club HO layout.  The points were there waiting but the 7 decoders that the Club has been waiting for 3 weeks still have not come in from Sydney as yet.  I also tried to pick up a 21 pin decoder for my 45 Class loco, but Ray was out of them as well.
 
So last night following reading Ray Pilgrim’s Blog and Marcus Ammann’s article about fitting a decoder to the Auscsion 45 Class locos, I am thinking about hardwiring an NCE decoder to my loco.  I may pick one up next Saturday and fit in next Sunday.
 
Apart from the above, this week has been a very quiet week for shed related activities.  However, today I went down to the shed and was trying to decide what I would do next.  I eventually decided to lay about 2m of ballast across three locations.  I will see if my running crew, whom will turn up on Tuesday week, can work out where I have done this work.  I then thought that I might run two trains in the timetable to their completion points.  I ran the cement train that was currently located at Lismore, through to Grafton with a cross with the Branch Line Container which was on its way to Murwillumbah.  The cross occurred at Old Cassino and wouldn’t you know it - there were issues.  Both timetable cards said for the two trains to both take the Loop at Old Cassino.  The Cement train has recently been lengthened and does not fit in the Loop.  So that will now transit the Yard, while the container will travel through on the Main.  So late this arvo I updated the timetable with these changes to the timetable cards.
 
The Postie will also get a workout this week as John has promised to post my 81 class loco on Monday.  I should get it by Wednesday.  That will be another decoder I need to buy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment