Sunday, October 30, 2022

NEMRC Continued - Day 2

Last Sunday I got up early so I could tune into the NMRA-X presentations.  But I could not find them on Facebook.  I have no idea what was going on.  Anyway we headed over to the New England Convention and when the Bowls Club opened its door, I set up in my room for the presentation which was first up.  I plugged my laptop into the PC available for the presentation, and streamed via Youtube the NMRA-X presentations for the hour or so before my presentation was due to begin.

At presentation time, a few stirrers made their presence felt with a few smart remarks coming from the first two row on the right hand side of the room.  Mostly Division 1 members.  Damn Troublemakers!  Hopefully those in attendance had a laugh.  The room was pretty full and hopefully I was able to get my point across and inspire a few there to attempt to bring their layouts to life.  For the rest of the day I was up stairs at my desk with some of my detail items on display. 

At the end of the convention we met up for a few drinks in the Bowls Club.  We then made our way back into the Convention room and had a few more.  Geoff has made arrangements for us to have a table booked for dinner at the White Bull.  Originally he had about 14 places, but that was expanded to 20.  When we got there, the place was full.  Our Table booking full and there was eventually about 43 people from the Convention having dinner there.  Boy was the place busy. 


A few of us unwinding post the Convention

Dinner on Sunday

The convention had some good layouts in attendance.  An O scale layout was very nice.  Lismore Wharf from peter Boorman was also very nice.  I got some very nice photos of both.  Below are some shots of the O scale layout.







These photos of the Lismore Wharf Layout.






We had a great time at the Convention and we will all be back again.  Thanks to the Convention organisers, the shops in attendance, the presenters, those going displays, those that made dioramas, those that brought along models and those with layouts.  All these contributes to the success of the convention.  Well Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment