This week again nothing much to report. Although I did complete about 7 x N scale clotheslines. Another milestone for the week was that blog ticked over 500,000 hits. I logged on one morning at work, and it had just ticked over. As one secret agent used to say 'Missed it by that much'.Most of my spare time was taken up doing some drainage work for my new carport. I had to dig some holes to expose the old storm water pipes. I needed to splice into the existing storm water drains that I laid underneath my driveway about 27 years ago. Of course in the same area, is my poly pipe sprinkler runs (3), the house water main, the NBN fibre link to the house, my power connection to the house, and the old copper phone line in another conduit run. Oh yes, I did find most of them when I was excavating. I only nicked one of my poly pipe runs. It was just enough to make water drip out when I turned that circuit on. I needed a couple of trips to Bunnings for some 90mm PVC pipe, blue plumbers glue and various fittings, as well as some poly pipe fittings to repair my poly pipe nick. It is quite difficult working about 50cm below your feet down a small hole. But it worked out much cheaper than getting a plumber in to do that work, as they is usually no care and no responsibility involved. I took my time and took plenty of photos to prove what was done and hopefully the carport assessor will give me council signoff when the carport is finally completed. The wrong clips were provided with the guttering so this has not yet been installed. I just need the crew to come back and complete that component of the build.
I spent most of this morning watching over half of the NMRA-X presentations that were broadcast today. I did a couple of things while that was being broadcast. I have started making a list of things to do over the next long weekend, and that involves finishing off a couple of projects.
This last Tuesday night our group of modellers visited Peter’s place and I picked up some Miniprint figures that Barnacle Bob ordered along with his last order. I also gave Barnacle some assistance in making a blue LED flash so he could equip his 70’s era police car with a flashing blue light on the roof. I saw the end result on Saturday morning and it looks fantastic, with its Police decal on the hood and boot, and the Queensland Police emblems on the doors. I think it just needs a large aerial coming out of the front bumper. Not that my mind remembers back then. I just think it will look good.