Sunday, October 16, 2022

Preparation is Complete - Just Counting the Days to the New England Convention

Saturday this week was the NMRA monthly meeting.  I went there along with just over 20 or so others.  There were some very good presentations about JMRI operations (by Duncan) and ABLO (by Anthony).  There was also a session by one of our local MMR’s Arthur on the Structure Building AP.  They were all very good and worthy of a larger forum.  We had a few laughs talking to the guys as well.

When I got home I started on some of my tidy up tasks for building a few HO clotheslines.  I also painted these a galvanised silver colour.  However, the main task of the later afternoon was removing the wooden edges on my New England Convention diorama and cleaning up the edges and making them square.  I also painted the edges of my diorama a nice black colour.  On Sunday I went back to the diorama and fixed up a couple of small indents on the sides and painted those black again.  I also painted up about 60 pallets of various colours and made up 10 N scale clotheslines and painted them.

I also packed up everything so the car is ready to load on Friday morning.  I found a storage container to put my diorama in to keep it safe for the trip.  I won’t be away until about 1:30pm in the afternoon as I have another appointment in the morning.  But I will have two travellers to take with me Armidale (PK and Geoff) and they should keep me entertained for the 5 and a half plus hour trip.

Next weekend’s Blog update will be made from Armidale and might include a photo of my diorama, and hopefully will include some other photos of other dioramas that attendees have brough along.  I'm hoping that there will be a good few dozen of them.  I hear that Kevin’s (apparently undersize) and Arthur’s dioramas look pretty good.  I’ve sort of seen Marty’s and his looks pretty good as well.

2 comments:

  1. G'Day Craig are your HO clotheslines for sale, if so, bring 5 to the convention at Armidale, see ya there Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are. They are also available from Modellers Warehouse

    ReplyDelete