Sunday, January 21, 2024

Hot, Hot, Hot

Well it really wasn’t that hot, as it was only in the low 30’s for the most of this last week, but OMG it was so humid.  Up in the 80-90% for most of the week.  I spent the week up in Caloundra overlooking the water.  I could not get any closer to the water across the road.  There was consistent rain, but there was plenty of sunshine.  But boy was it humid.  I just sat down and watched TV, went to the beach, jumped into the pool, checking email and read a magazine and that was it.  I took no modelling projects with me at all.  I was amazed by the continual flow and variety of ships into and out of the Port of Brisbane.

When we got home on Saturday morning, my wife picked up my eBay delivery from earlier in the week, from her sister’s place, and by mid-afternoon, the electrical components had been spliced into the circuit.  A bit of testing and Voila!  I now have a working level crossing signal sitting in my pergola.  I need to protect the electric parts and give the structure another coat of paint, then I might move it to outside the shed.  I spent some time yesterday trying to find the jiffy box I had set aside to protect the electricals.  I eventually found it.  I moved it for safe keeping.

Today I did not do much apart from cleaning up a bit in the shed.  This is in preparation for Tuesday.  The Tuesday Nighters meeting this week will be at my place.  So I will show off my level crossing light, and some new shelving.  the other thing I did catch up on today was all the Internet groups emails.  I'm now up to date.

I also completed the presentation on my Bulk Rain and Bulk Pain Wagons that I am planning on giving at an upcoming NMRA meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment